JUS LIKE DAT

Monday, April 02, 2007

Do you still admire?


Me and my father! Most of my friends, relations will burst into laughter when they read this sentence. Till I was 10, my father was the super model for me. He is the He-man, Spiderman and Giant robot (he is 5.5 inches in height). At that time my mother was secondary and I always used to bounce at him like a monkey when he comes back from work. His Hercules cycle, HMT watch, Shaving kit were some possessions I yearned for.

The best part of him was the bribery…lol. Yes, whenever I used to score good marks he bought an éclairs chocolate. After 8th standard éclairs chocolate did not attract me.

My teenage was the best. I was a hidden notorious, while my brother was frankly notorious. So most of the times he was beaten and at those times I will laugh till I get a bone fracture. But soon my father James Bonded my actions as well. He used to peep while I was studying, jump in to the hall when I watch TV programs in midnight, give surprise visits to home to check if I am smoking or involved in any kind of naughty activities.

Like any teenager I started hating him and wonder if I could have been born to any rich father. I hated him when he speaks about my marks to any tresspassers. I used to steal money from his pockets, drive his yellow colour Vespa, wear his new T shirt for which my brother will be caught (Ofcourse, he did so as well). He does not speak English and I will wantonly ask him doubts in English. He will never unveil the secret and will say that I am busy reading “Maalai malar”. If I ask again, my books will fly to the balcony for disturbing him….and again I will go back to him. He stopped beating me once when I lifted the broomstick against his easy-chair pole. I no longer admired him though he always wears Ponds powder, Brut perfume and Ray ban glasses.

His comments were sarcastic against me. During the initial confusions on my marriage, I said that I don’t like the girl but his comment was “Don’t say so! I was really praying the girl should not reject you for your belly”.

For some reasons or the other, he always considered that I am better than my brother. Though I lived to the expectations of my mother she always thinks my brother is better than me. Of course my bro and I share a neat relationship.

But nowadays, don’t know the reason why, I am nearing the age of 30 and maybe my age makes me think my father was a super hero as well. His commitment to his wife, family members, advice, shielding nature, handling high degree of family politics is amazing which is hard and I admire it now.

Do you admire your father…post it in comments… just like dat!

Pl note: Kindly post your comments by clicking the comments column and not by email

7 Comments:

At April 02, 2007 9:42 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Kamalesh the best part is you not being attracted to eclairs after 8th std! This blog is one of your best! As we near 30 most of us will admire our Father...We should remember we will be in the other end with our little boy down the line...By the way I cannot believe you are 30!

 
At April 03, 2007 5:09 am, Blogger Unknown said...

machi kalakura ....while in school college was better. while in college work life was better.. after marriage childhood seems to be better .. very true na

 
At April 03, 2007 3:37 pm, Blogger MADHAV DIABETES CENTRE said...

Start your career as a journalist; there's a hidden gem within you.....how come I was blind all along?

 
At April 03, 2007 7:38 pm, Blogger Saral Saroja said...

@Murali
So you remember my history at 8th standard! You did not believe my age as 30....did u think as 35? Do you remember the race we had with that yellow colour Vespa against Ramchander's Sunny scooterett...ofcourse we lost the race..lol

Thanks Murali for your comments

 
At April 03, 2007 7:40 pm, Blogger Saral Saroja said...

@Palani

Thanks machan! What you say is true we plan most of the time planning to do something and this time for planning then becomes a year in our life....lol

Thanks for ur comments

 
At April 03, 2007 7:44 pm, Blogger Saral Saroja said...

@Deepak

Thanks for your wishes. Actually my career started as a part time journalist in a Tamil magazine named Kumudham but not paid a penny for my articles...lol. So I opted a different job

Thanks for your comments and wishes :)

 
At April 13, 2007 2:14 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

irunga irunga naan periappa kitta solren ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google